By Lisa Hester, Senior Account Manager
Ah, springtime is here, at long last! The season bursts onto the scene with beautiful blossoms beginning to show their vibrant colors, leaves gleefully budding on the trees, birds chirping a happy song and the transformation from short days/long nights to long days/short nights. For many, spring also brings the urge to do some cleaning around the house, “spring cleaning.”
But don’t forget work “spring cleaning,” as well. The coming of spring marks an opportune time to take inventory of your company’s social media efforts.
When is the last time you reviewed your company’s social media plan?Along with dusting off those sooted and soiled shelves at home, it’s time to also pull out and dust off your social media plan. Is it stuck in the “dark ages” when it was first drafted and social media was relatively new? We’ve learned a lot as social media has grown and evolved. Your plan should be in sync with current trends and opportunities. Have you reviewed analytical data to realistically assess how your social accounts are doing? Are you social media goals staying true to your company’s purpose and mission for maintaining your presence on the specific social platforms you have chosen? Has your company moved in a different direction, thus making one or more social media platform more desirable, or less desirable, now? Have you rerouted your efforts as platforms have come and gone in popularity? Are you engaging with your audience, or just pushing out “news” and information about your company?
Here are just a few statistics to serve as a reminder about the importance of your social media presence.
- In the U.S., 272 million people use the internet
- There are 2.62 billion users worldwide, up from 2.46 billion in 2017
- Social media in the U.S. has an average penetration rate of
- Facebook alone has 2.2 billion active monthly users
- Some 78% of 18- to 24-year-olds use Snapchat, and a sizeable majority of these users – 71% – visit the platform multiple times per day
- The average internet user accesses five different social media platforms (Adweek)
- 83% of B2B brands in North America use social media content to promote their brand
- Some 58.6 percent of American consumers interact with brands on social media 1-3 times per day
- Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year
- 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day. That’s 12 each second
At Rountree Group, we have a wealth of social media experience – from creating and implementing a plan from ground up, to managing an existing plan to reinvigorating an outdated, sagging plan, to simply coming in as a consultant to help redirect your company’s efforts. Give us a call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can do an assessment of your social plan and, based on the assessment, make recommendations on how to best move your company’s social endeavors forward.
Take advantage of this change of season – from winter to spring – to do some “spring cleaning.”