Rountree Group’s development and implementation of a media relations program to raise awareness and boost sales at John Wieland Homes’ new community
The objectives were to create awareness of John Wieland Homes’ plans to build golf club community and position the hiring of expert designer Robert Trent Jones. Additional goals included Increasing awareness of Wieland Homes & Neighborhoods and enhance Atlanta golf association relations.
Research efforts included an investigation into the target audiences and where to find them, as well as identifying key representatives of media outlets that would have interest in the subject matter.
In-depth profiles were created on the individuals, communities and organizations involved in this new endeavor to bring a top-notch golf community with expert design and leadership to the area.
Rountree Group carried out this program with multiple efforts aimed at capturing the attention of targeted audience.
- Wrote and distributed stories that 1) announced Wieland plans for its first golf club community; 2) identified Robert Trent Jones, Jr. as the designer; 3) described particulars of the new golf course
- Developed and distributed information that included bios of Wieland and Jones, backgrounders and a listing of Jones-designed golf courses
- Developed a list of media representatives with pertinent publications and covering various beats
- Planned and executed a luncheon for media/VIP guests
- Identified a site at which to announce the plans for the Wieland golf club community
- Arranged interviews for Jones with targeted publications
As a result of the orchestrated media relations plan, placements were secured in key publications and targeted groups got a direct, personalized pitch.
- Story on sports page in Atlanta’s only daily newspaper
- Real estate-angle story placed in Atlanta’s premier business publication
- Placed numerous stories in print media in county of new community
- Placements with real estate trade publications, including Communities and New Homes Data Book
- Coordinated a successful luncheon, with more than 40 media and golf VIPs in attendance