For more than five year’s, Rountree Group’s approach was to raise awareness of Sugarloaf Country Club to viable consumers who were looking for high-end homes and wanted a luxury lifestyle.
The objective was to create and sustain top-of-mind awareness of Sugarloaf among target audiences, position Sugarloaf as an ideal community for families with children at home and for all phases of life and to heighten awareness of Sugarloaf’s parent company, Crescent Resources, and its leadership position in creating luxury golf course communities.
Through a third-party real estate company, research showed Sugarloaf was the most expensive high-end luxury development in Atlanta for three years, and as such, Rountree Group leveraged the research to reach a targeted consumer market who was seeking a luxury, but family environment. Additionally, the agency leverage the Greg Norman signature U.S. golf course “inside the gates of Sugarloaf” to appeal to our target audience. The golf course also was home to a PGA event in Atlanta, which aided in additional exposure and credibility.
The following items were executed by Rountree Group to garner press coverage and raise awareness of Sugarloaf:
- Developed a detailed map that showed Sugarloaf in relation to other upscale communities to include informational kits to targeted audiences (consumers, real estate agents, club members, etc.).
- Real estate agents were invited to events on Sugarloaf property to showcase all it had to offer.
- Planned and hosted “Realtor Rallies” convenient to real estate offices on the north side of metro Atlanta.
- Sent goody-filled baskets with hang tags, messages and Sugarloaf logo to 32 targeted real estate offices on Valentine’s Day.
- Invited more than 250 real estate agents who sold a home or lot in the community to an annual luncheon at Sugarloaf. The event included special recognition for the year’s top sellers, a keynote speaker and special giveaways to encourage attendance.
- Sent a monthly gift to top sellers to remind them of Sugarloaf and start a conversation about the community in their sales offices.
- Honored Sugarloaf’s exclusive builders with an annual celebration.
- Planned a special tour of homes featuring the latest designs in kitchens and keeping rooms. Seven new homes were on display for two consecutive three-day weekends. The tour was open to the public and proceeds benefited the Make-A-Wish Foundationâ of Greater Atlanta and North Georgia.
- Publicized annual Holiday Tour of Homes hosted by the Women’s Club.
- Maintained monthly contact with key trade media and Atlanta daily, weekly and monthly newspapers.
Distributed quarterly, half-year and year-in-review press releases highlighting sales successes.
Through Rountree Group’s efforts, the following results were achieved:
- Detailed tracking by Sugarloaf showed that more than 40 percent of completed sales were the result of the agency’s program.
- During one year of our work, one of every 50 homes sold outside of California for more than $1 million was sold in a Crescent Resources’ golf community.
- The agency secured more than 55 articles per year for five years.
- Media impressions totaled more than 15 million, often including both Sugarloaf and Crescent Resources.
- Media coverage appeared in Atlanta Magazine, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Communities, Golf Georgia, Know Magazine, New Homes Data Book, Style Magazine, Points North magazine, Gwinnett publications and more.