Rountree Group’s approach to generating press and showcasing the Trammell Crow Company’s depth of services.
The objective was to generate awareness via a consistent, steady stream of publicity over the course of six months, receive more media placements than two major competitors and showcase the company’s depth of services by obtaining quotes in the media from company business unit leaders and employees.
Research efforts included identifying commercial real estate brokers and potential tenants and collecting contact information, developing a media list and timeline of editorial calendars.
Implementation included developing an aggressive media campaign over the course of six months and saturating the media with story angles that fit within their beat and editorial calendars.
- Total of 52 media placements in 24 weeks, averaging two articles per week
- Editorials were garnered in 19 out of 24 weeks
- From November 1, 2005 – May 1,2006, the agency garnered a 271 percent increase in media coverage over the previous 24-week period
- 33 editorials vs. competitors’ 19 in the key Atlanta Business Chronicle publication (CB Richard Ellis – 9 editorials, Cushman & Wakefield – 10), the leading outlet the company wanted to be quoted in on a regular basis
- Articles were secured in national real estate media outlets such as Commercial Property News, GlobeSt.com (3.5 million visitors a month) and MSNBC.com
- Mentions of 24 different Trammell Crow contacts (business unit leaders and/or employees) in the media, golden proof that we showcased the company’s depth
- The articles quoted business unit leaders and employees regarding their thoughts in their service areas; quote sources discussed how their unit had an impact on commercial real estate trends, issues, current happenings, transactions/deals and company activities